Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waiting On The Doctor...

I have to admit... I'm a geek. I think just about everyone who knows me knows that I'm a geek. I like to read. not so weird. right? Well throw in that I love Science Fiction... yeah... kinda odd for a girl. Oh well. I am who I am.

No I don't think Vampires & Fairies really exist. I know there are people who drink blood and perform "witch craft" but that's they're lifestyle. Is blood the only hope of their survival? No. I don't think pig or snake people really exist. However... I truly can't say the same about aliens. I don't mean illegal immigrants here. I mean outer space... little green men... "take me to your leader"... aliens.

No I'm not crazy.

Think about it for a minute. Has there been any logical proof that they do not exist? No. From an open minded, unbiased, unjudgemental, Christian standpoint who's to say that they don't? If God was a "selfish" God and created us to worship Him... why would He only create one world? He created many races and languages.... yes I know the story behind why we speak different languages so don't try to lecture me here. But how do we know that he didn't create life forms (and I believe the'd still be "in His image") in places we'd never find them. We know other galaxies exist. What if there are other "beings" in those galaxies too?

I've even thought about "Well Jesus saved us from sin. He didn't save those people." What if they didn't need Him? What if sin hasn't happened yet out there? And if it has... maybe He did save them. I don't think the universe can as large as it is for nothing.

So anyway... I was watching one of my favorite shows, Doctor Who, on BBC America today and I can't help but feeling like I've been waiting for The Doctor my whole life. That one person who doesn't mind my geeky side. Who's as much of a geek as I am. Maybe not in the same ways I am but a geek nonetheless.  I don't mean I'm looking for my "soul mate" I already married him and I wouldn't trade him for the world. I just mean a friend, a mate, a compadre someone (besides my husband of course) who I can feel totally true to who I really am without thoughts of them looking at me like I'm crazy... ever!

I love my husbands, best friends and my sisters... but even they look at me like I'm from another planet sometimes. LOL

- Stacey Ree -

3 comments:

Corey Patrick Miller said...

Yay Doctor Who! C:

Man, Matt Smith is SO easily my favorite recent doctor. Don't get me wrong, I haven't disliked any of them and thought Tennant he was much more enjoyable than Eccleston ... but I just like Smith WAY more.

Last season was probably my favorite season and the first two-parter of this season was pretty neat as well. Wasn't a huge fan of the third pirate-y episode but it was okay.

Stacey Ree said...

I like Matt. But I'm a Tennant girl. He's by far the closest to the way I imagine The Doctor would act if he was real and showed up here. :D

Corey Patrick Miller said...

I totally commented on this a day or two ago ... but it says that no one has commented on it. :\